COVID-19 Classroom Schedule
The one constant thing in life is change. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we adapt our scheduling to new rules and regulations put in place for educators during the pandemic. The Department of Public Safety has announced that all driver education programs may offer both in-person and remote learning options for classroom education.
We will be offering both classroom and remote learning classes to help you complete your driver’s education. In person classroom sizes are limited in size in order to promote social distancing.
We have established policies and procedures to help protect our student’s and instructors from exposure to COVID-19. Your cooperation in keeping everyone safe is greatly appreciated.
Please read our policy and procedures carefully.
- All students are required to wear masks while on the premises.
- If your student has a medical reason for non-mask use, please contact us to discuss the situation in advance. A student will not be allowed to simply show up and tell us he/she can not wear a mask.
- Each student must provide their own mask.
- All students are required to use hand sanitizer each time they enter the room.
- We will make every attempt to provide hand sanitizer, but we suggest each student carry a small container in the event we are unable to secure a supply of product for the classroom.
- Social distancing will be observed, students are required to be at least 6 feet apart at all times.
- Students who are exhibiting symptoms such as coughing, sneezing or are presenting a fever over 100 degrees will not be allowed in class.
- No food or beverages are allowed in the classroom.
Thirty hours of classroom instruction are required in order to receive the certificate of completion (blue card). Students may not arrive late or leave early and must make-up any days missed. We allow students to attend classes anywhere we offer instruction to help making up missed days easier. (For example, if your student misses day three, they must attend day three of another class before they may receive their blue card.)
You must register no later than one week prior to the first day of class. Class sizes are limited, so please register early.
Plan for Success
- Your child, by law, must attend all 30 hours of classroom instruction to receive their blue card. Tardiness is not acceptable.
- Please drop off and pick up your child promptly.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early for class on the first day.
- Please make sure your teen arrives on time. Students need to be in their seats and ready to go when class starts.
- For security reasons, our instructors are required to wait until the last child is picked up before leaving the facility. Often instructors have other classes and drive sessions scheduled to start after class ends.
- Students need to bring pencil/pen and notebook.
- Minnesota Driving Manuals are available for $6.00. (Please bring the exact amount.)
- Missed days may be completed by attending the same day missed at another of our locations.
- Students are expected to participate in class and complete all homework assignments.